Breast lift is an operation to remove extra loose skin from the breast, and to lift and reshape them, to make them look more youthful.
Who is the good candidate for breast lift surgery?
- You must be physically fit and can maintain a stable weight.
- You do not smoke.
- You are bothered with the feeling that your breast sag or have lost shape and volume.
- Your breasts have a flatter, elongated shape or are pendulous.
- When unsupported , your nipples fall below the breast crease.
- Your nipples and areolas point downwards.
- You have stretched skin and enlarged areolas.
- One breast is lower than the other.
Breast Lift Costs;
It may include: Anesthesia Fee, Medical Tests, Post surgery Garments, Prescriptions for medicines, Surgeon Fee.
Expectations During Breast Lift Surgery ;
Your Surgical goals
- Medical conditions, drug allergies and medical treatment.
- Current medications , vitamins , herbal supplements , alcohol, tobacco and drug use .
- Previous surgeries.
- Family history of breast cancer
- The result of any mammograms or previous biopsies.
What are the steps of a breast lift Procedure ?
Breast lift process can be achieved through a variety of i9ncision patterns and techniques. The appropriate techniques for you will be determined based on:
Breast size, shape and position of your areolas the degree of breast sagging skin quality and elasticity as well as the amount of extra skin.
Medications are administered for your comfort during the surgical process. The choices include intravenous sedation and general anesthesia. The doctor will recommend the best choice for you.
There are three common incision patterns:
Around the areola, vertically down from the breast creases and horizontally along the breast crease.
Reshaping your Breast;
The underlying breast tissue is lifted and reshaped to improve breast contour and firmness . The nipple and areola are repositioned to a natural, more youthful height. If necessary, enlarged areolas are reduced by excising skin at the perimeter. Excess breast skin is removed to compensate for a loss of elasticity.
Closing The Incision;
After the breasts are reshaped and excess skin is removed , the remaining skin is tightened as the incisions are closed.
Some incisions lines resulting from breast lift are concealed in the natural breast contours;
However others are visible on the breast surface. Incisions lines are permanent, but in most cases will fade and significantly improve over time.
Many women desire the smallest scar possible. However your plastic surgeon will recommend the incisions which best suit your anatomy.
Listen to your surgeon and do not diminish your result by demanding an incision that will not be appropriate for you.
Sutures are layered deep within the breast tissue to create and support the newly shaped breasts sutures skin adhesives and surgical tape may be used to close the skin.
Risks of breast lift Surgery;
The descion to have plastic surgeon is extremely personal and you will have to decide if the benefits will achieve your goals and if the risks and potential complications of breast lift surgery are acceptable.
You will be asked to sign consent forms to ensure the understanding of process and breast lift risks and potential complications.
- Breast lift risks include;
- Anesthesia Risks
- Bleeding or hematoma formation
- Breast asymmetry
- Breast contour and shape irregularities
- Change in nipples or breast sensation which may be temporary or permanent
- Deep vein thrombosis, Cardiac and pulmonary complications.
- Fatty tissue found deep in the skin might die ( fat necrosis )
- Fluid accumulation
- Poor healing of incision
- Possibility of revisional surgery
- Potential partial or total loss of nipples and areola.
During the breast lift surgery dressing or bandage will applied to the incisions after the process is completed.
You will need to wear a plastic bandage or support bra to minimize swelling and support your breast as they heal.
A small thin tube may be temporarily placed under the skin to drain any excess or fluid that may collect .
You will be given specific instructions that may include:
How to care for your breast following surgery
Medications to apply or take orally to aid healing and reduce the potential for infection
Specific concerns to look for at the surgical site or in your general health.
The results of your breast lift surgery are immediately visible
Benefits of combing the breast lift and augmentations;
These are two popular cosmetic surgeries that are often performed together to provide patients with comprehensive breast enhancement results.