Hymenoplasty, hymen restoration or hymen treatment is a medical procedure by individuals for religious, cultural or personal reasons. The process can be approached through surgical and non-surgical methods each with its advantages and considerations. In this article, we will explore and compare these two approaches to provide a comprehensive understanding of their importance.
- Surgical hymen treatment ;
- It involves a minor surgical process performed under local anaesthesia.
- The remnants of the hymen are carefully stitched together to create the appearance of an intact hymen.
- The surgery usually last between 30 to 60 minutes.
- Its recovery time ranges from a few weeks.
- it must be performed by a skilled and professionally experienced surgeon.
Non Surgical Hymenoplasty;
- it refers to the uses of artificial hymen kits or products designed to stimulate an intact hymen.
- These kits typically contain a thin membrane-like substance that is inserted into the vagina before sexual intercourse.
- Upon penetration, the membrane ruptures releasing a liquid that mimics blood, creating the illusion of a broken hymen.
- Non-surgical methods are less invasive and can be performed in the privacy of one’s home.
- it can perform without medical surveillance.
- Comparison of Surgical and non-surgical hymenoplasty;
Surgical hymon treatment provides a permanent solution, as the stitched hymon is expected to remain intact.
- Non Surgical methods are temporary and require repeated application of sexual encounters.
Surgical Hymon is more expensive due to the involvement of medical professionals, anaesthesia, and surgical equipment facilities.
- Non Surgical hymon is affordable and accessible.
- Kits and products can be purchased online.
- Safe & Secure;
The surgical hymon process carries risks with any surgical procedure such as infection, bleeding or adverse reactions to anesthesia.
- Non-surgical methods when used correctly, generally pose minimal health risks.
- Caution should be exercised in selecting reputable products.
- Which is the best Option to choose surgical or non-surgical hymenoplasty?
Choose to best or most suitable procedure is dependent on patients’ choices and needs, preferences
and advice from healthcare professionals.
- it’s very difficult to consult with a qualified healthcare provider who specializes in hymenoplasty to assess the individual’s situation and discuss the available options.
- it’s important to consider ethical implications and societal pressure associated with hymenoplasty.
- There are various types of arguments from the people in society like:
- it perpetuates the notion of female virginity.
- As a social construct and can contribute to reinforcing harmful cultural practices.
- Open, honest conversations about it is very essential.
- Personal choice, cultural expectations, physical and emotional potential consequences of undergoing this process.
•Closing the discussion ;
In consideration of hymenoplasty, an individual must weigh the following:
- Surgical methods offers;
- permanent solutions
- Requires professionals
- Cost effective
- Potential Risks
- Complications during and after the procedure.
On the other hand Non-surgical process provides;
- Less evasive
- Repeated application
- Not acceptable universally
- it’s essential to discuss professionals and classified sources to take an acknowledged decision.
- it prioritizes individual
- Personal well being
- Safety and
- Adherence to
- Ethical principals
Ultimately the choice must be on the patient’s fundamental needs and considerations.