Fractional CO2 laser treatment utilizes a carbon dioxide laser emitting a specific wavelength of light in the mid-infrared spectrum (10600 nm), effectively absorbed by water. This makes it an excellent choice for precise and safe ablation targeting various skin concerns, including milia, acne scars, wart removal, and more. If you want to get all the detail about Fractional CO2 Laser Treatment Benefits, risks, recovery time in the Pakistan.
Fractional CO2 Laser Treatment Benefits, Islamabad, Pakistan
With no downtime, the fractional CO2 laser offers a non-surgical treatment for fine wrinkles, acne scars, and other skin issues. In order to achieve tighter, healthier, and younger-looking skin, it entails removing the outer layer of damaged skin, which increases the creation of collagen.
What is Fractional CO2 Laser Treatment?
In order to encourage healing, the surrounding skin is left intact while the skin columns are removed fractionally. It can minimize the visibility of wrinkles and fine lines as well as other imperfections like scars, uneven skin tone, and loose skin. This approach is quite straightforward and produces results.
Are CO2 Fractional Laser Results Permanent?
The collagen remodeling that came about as a result of this treatment doesn’t go away after it has been completed, making the skin tightening effect of CO2 fractional laser permanent. Nevertheless, the skin’s aging process is something that this treatment cannot reverse.
How quickly a CO2 Laser Show Results?
After treatment, clients will see full results three to six months later. Results will start to gradually improve for months.
Concerned about your skin’s condition?
Connect with our top-notch skin care clinic based in Pune. Schedule an appointment with our skilled dermatologists for personalized fractional CO2 laser treatment tailored to your needs.
Explore the Advantages of Fractional CO2 Laser Treatment
With the CO2 Fractional Resurfacing Laser, damaged skin’s deep outer layers are carefully removed, and the regeneration of healthy skin beneath is encouraged. Skin tone, texture, crepiness, laxity, photodamage, and fine to moderately deep wrinkles are all treated by CO2.
Enhanced Precision: Targeted treatment for accurate results.
Tissue Selectivity: Precisely targets specific areas without affecting surrounding tissues.
Cost Efficiency: Offers effective results at lower overall costs.
Versatility: Addresses various skin concerns with adaptable treatment options.
Minimal Invasiveness: Least disruptive to the skin, ensuring a comfortable experience.
Quick Recovery: Short downtime allows for a swift return to regular activities.
The procedure operates by directing the CO2 laser beam into the upper skin layers, reaching the dermis. This action results in creating minuscule zones of thermal damage, prompting cellular rejuvenation and stimulating the production of fresh collagen. Consequently, damaged skin is replaced with new cells. The carbon dioxide laser’s versatility extends to treating various skin lesions, distinguishing itself in resurfacing, excisional, and incisional procedures. It finds application in:
- Smoothing fine lines, wrinkles, and enlarged oil glands on the nose.
- Treating raised birthmarks, moles, and acne scars.
- Addressing signs of skin aging.
- Managing keloid and hypertrophic scars, warts, rhinophyma, and actinic keratosis.
Step By Step Guide to a CO2 Laser Treatment Procedure:
- Begin by thoroughly cleansing the treatment area.
- Apply a local anesthetic for patient comfort.
- Protect the patient’s eyes by placing eyeshields.
- Treat each skin lesion individually using the laser.
- The procedure typically lasts between 15 to 30 minutes.
Conclude the session by applying sunscreen or antibiotic cream, depending on the treated lesion.
This treatment process is straightforward, akin to other skin treatments. Understanding the procedure beforehand is crucial before undergoing.
Contraindications Associated with CO2 Laser Treatment:
- Tendency to develop keloids or hypertrophic scars post-injury.
- Previous exposure to ionizing radiation in the treatment area.
- Allergic reactions to specific chemicals or sun-related allergies.
- Active bacterial or viral infections at the treatment site.
- Conditions related to connective tissue diseases.
- Presence of HIV or hepatitis C infections.
- Preparation and aftercare are crucial for skin health:
- Before and after the procedure, patients may be prescribed antibiotics and antiviral medications.
- Maintaining cleanliness in the treated area is essential.
- Dermatologists often recommend healing ointments to expedite skin recovery.
- Cooling the area with fans can alleviate itching or stinging sensations.
Strict sun protection is vital both pre and post-laser treatment for 5-7 days. Apply broad-spectrum sunscreen every 3 hours, ideally 20 minutes before sun exposure, even indoors.
Fractional CO2 Laser Side Effects
The effects of CO2 laser treatment can differ depending on individual skin characteristics like condition, type, sensitivity, and the body’s immune response. Nonetheless, following pre and post-procedure care diligently can mitigate these potential outcomes.
These effects may manifest as:
- Enduring redness persisting for 7-10 days.
- Hypopigmentation observed in treated areas.
- Occurrence of hyperpigmentation.
Is fractional CO2 laser technology worthwhile?
Visible skin wrinkling can be cut in half with this kind of laser resurfacing. It provides outstanding fine line and overall texture improvement along with a reduction in problematic pigmentation areas.
How many fractional CO2 sessions are there?
The skin type of the patient and the intended outcomes determine how often fractional CO2 laser skin resurfacing is performed. While some patients may benefit from a single treatment, others may require several to get the desired outcomes. Most patients will typically see their best outcomes after 2 to 3 treatments.
CO2 Laser Treatment Price in Pakistan
The cost of CO2 laser treatment varies based on several factors, such as the type and severity of the skin condition. If additional PRP treatment is needed for enhanced and faster skin healing, the cost can rise. Typically, a single session of CO2 laser treatment costs in Islamabad around Rs. 35000 to Rs. 45000. The overall treatment expense depends on the number of sessions required.