Male pattern baldness, or androgenetic alopecia, may result from genetic or scalp infection or skin disorder. Various treatment options are available to slow hair loss or stimulate hair growth.
- Research shows that half of the males and females will experience androgenetic alopecia in their lifetime.
- Hair loss prevention and treatment methods are the following;
- Eating a balanced diet.
- Using combs with wider spaces between bristles.
- Switching medications to avoid side effects for hair loss.
Here are the medications for hair treatment.
Scientists originally developed minoxidil to treat high blood pressure.
The developers found that it had side effects of excessive, unwanted hair growth, this effect gave reason to consider it as a treatment if male baldness.
- appears to prolong the growth period of hair.
- Causes thicker strands of hair to grow.
- Minoxidil is safe and effective if used properly.
- Side effects of Minoxidil.
- Hair shedding
- Skin irritation and redness
- Itchy yellow or white scale on the scalp
- Allergic contact dermatitis.
- Excessive hair growth in the body
- Not suitable for pregnancy, nursing and hypersensitivity to medications.
- Finasteride ;
It’s FDA approved treatment for male pattern baldness.
- it was originally developed to treat prostate cancer treatment
• it works by decreasing the hormone dihydrotestosterone(DHT) in the scalp.
- This drug carries several warnings.
- Suitable for adult males not suitable for pregnant or nursing.
- Dies not affect hair growth in other parts of the body.
- Side effects.
- Erectile dysfunction
- decrease libido
- Decrease ejaculation volume
- Medical Therapies.
There are several medical therapies recommended by healthcare professionals.
- PRP Treatment.
It involves a doctor taking a blood sample and running it through a centrifuge machine. This machine separates PRP in blood so the doctor can extract the platelets and inject them into specific areas of a person’s scalp.
A hair transplant involves removing hair, hair follicles from the back to the head, where they are resistant to DHT and placing them on the scalp.
- Laser Treatment.
Such as combs are a new form of hair loss treatment, these devices promote hair growth by using concentrated light to stimulate hair follicles.
- Laser Combs
Laser combs treatment has mixed results and may work best when combine with other forms of treatment.
- Hair growth products.
Therapies for hair loss are often mixed with drugs, ointment creams and shampoos which a dermatologist may prescribe.
Wings and hair pieces.
hair loss may be permanent in the long term
Some people prefer non-magical treatments like wigs, hair pieces offer means of disgusting hair loss.
- Essential Oils.
Rosemary oil and tea tree oil help prevent further hair loss.
- Saw Palmetto.
It comes from the Serenoa repens tree. It’s a natural remedy for ;
•Chronic pelvic pain
- Effective than placebo
- Onion Juice
Sulfur and phenolic compounds stimulate hair growth through irritant contact dermatitis.
- It’s an alternate remedy to stimulate hair growth.
- Lifestyle Changes.
- Quitting Smoking
- Scalp Massage
- Healthy Diet